Being a leader often requires us to evaluate ourselves as to what we are doing and who we are. Whether we like the answer or not, it is always important that a leader look into that mirror. That is how leadership is born and retained. Some of the questions we should be asking ourselves include:
- How does your role in leadership add to the direction of the company?
- What contributions that you make are unique?
- What are you good at?
- What impact are you having and who is it that you are impacting?
- Who are you serving?
- Who are the people you are impacting that you do do not interact with and yet are impacted by you?
- What are your values?
- What are your short term goals and long term goals?
- How are your values and expertise aligned with the actions you take?
Once we can evaluate our leadership, we are able to have the confidence to move forward and make the changes required.