How do we become better leaders for ourselves, our colleagues and our employees? Sometimes a person’s reaction to criticism is enough to tell what kind of leader, if any, that person really is. If that reaction is defensive or emotional, it is often viewed as negative and perceived as a poor leader. To be a a leader and find the leader within, we have to develop those skills and be aware of some fo the qualities we have by having the ability to separate ourselves from the situation and look at the picture from the outside.
Some of the basic qualities necessary of leadership include:
- Are people asking you for your insight or opinion
- Are people following you and how do you know if they are motivated to follow you
- Are you open to look at different issues with a different perspective
- Are you responding to criticism with emption or understanding
- Are you communicating effectively and how do you know
- What is the impact of your communication on everyone else
- How do you influence others with the mood you may be in
- Are you making negative judgements of others or criticizing them often
- What attributes of others bother you
- Are you being objective enough with the people around you
- are you respecting the people around you and how do you know
Leadership is acquired by learning skills and also acquired by having the ability to reflect on our own actions. CSAV360 provides the training for leaders to find these traits within themselves as well as acquire new abilities. With leadership comes respect and when there is respect, there are few conflicts that are left unresolved.